Thursday, July 17, 2014

Words of Wisdom

I'm linking up with my friend Lisa from PAWSitively Teaching for her Words of Wisdom.
Everyone that has linked up has give such great advice you should check out what they have to say too.


Start each day with a clean positive slate.  
This can be difficult when you have a child that seems to have it out for you.
It happens, I'm just keeping it real here.
Those are the children that need you the most.  
They need you to be a constant and caring person every day.
You may be the only person that does care about them and they are with you more than anyone else in their lives at this time.
Don't let what happened the day before decide how you are going be today.
Each day is a new day try to keep that in mind.
And some days it will be hard but remember your not alone.  

Be yourself!
Don't try to be someone else!
I can't tell you how hard a lesson this was for me when I started teaching.
I tried to teach just like all the other teachers around me.
I wasn't being myself.
And it wasn't working.
Find what works for you and go with it.  
You can read and try and teach just like some of the best bloggers out there but you are not them.
Take what you learn from them and make it work for you.
You will be much happier.  
Don't hide behind someone else.
 Be yourself and shine bright.
You have a life live it!
Don't let your classroom chain you down so you forget to live your life.
I know teachers that come to school at least an hour early and don't leave until 9-10 at night.
Not to mention working all weekend in their classroom too.
There will never be enough time in the day to get everything done.
I now refuse to stay any later than an hour after school.
I have a family and a life that needs me.
Everything will still be there the next day for me to tackle.
Set a time that you plan on leaving the classroom and then stick to it.
You want to enjoy your career not feel chained down by it.

Everyone that has linked up has given such great advice. 
Check out what they have to say too.
Do you have any advice to add?
Please do!
I'd love to hear what you have to say too!!!


Photobucket
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...