Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Dinosaurs {Part 2}

The other day I shared some of the dinosaur centers we used last week.
You can click here to read that post and grab the freebies.
Here are the second set of centers we enjoyed.
These were more for fun and we did these in the afternoon.

I found this book in the Scholastic Book Club and bought it knowing that we would be reading about Barnum Brown.  This was an exceptional book and I would highly recommend it for your dinosaur unit.

We became paleontologist and went on a dig for dinosaur bones.
This was a huge favorite of all the kiddos.
I mean who doesn't love digging in rice looking for 3-D dinosaur puzzle pieces.

I found the pink and green garden tools at the Dollar Store.  
We also had paint brushes to use.

This was the second favorite center.
Growing Dinosaurs!!
I found these at the Dollar Store too!!
Each child chose a Dino and a capsule to grow.
We learned that these worked better with warm water.

The capsules were ready by the end of our center time and the kiddos got to take them home.
The growing dinosaur toy needed a couple of days to get bigger. 
Next time I would have everyone grow their dinosaur on Monday and wait until Friday to take them home.
At another center we used colored clay to make our own dinosaurs. 
Here are a few of our creations.


Our last center was a Dr. Seuss center.
Yep we celebrated Read Across America this week too.
We designed Designer Socks for a Dashing Fox.

I found so many other great things at the Dollar Tree to use with this unit.
I just didn't have time to fit it all in.

Have a Great Day!!
Photobucket
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...