Sunday, October 20, 2013

Teachers Inspire Teachers {October 20}

 
It's Sunday and that means it's time for Teachers Inspires Teachers.
Today my inspirational teacher is Sarah Cooley @ First Grader at Last.

Photobucket
Back before I started blogging I was a stalker follower of Sarah's wonderful little blog.
Hers was the first blog I had ever followed and the reason behind my blog The Busy Busy Hive.
During that first year of following, I had created my blog but did not post or allow followers.
It was just for me to follow other wonderful teachers that had it all together.  I had no idea what I was doing or how to do all the amazing things all these other bloggy teachers were doing. 

Sarah is such a brilliant teacher.  I have stole used lots of the ideas she has graciously shared on her blog.  I LOVE all her ideas but my most favorite was her Christmas Around the World Scrapbook.  This was also one of my first TpT buys.  I use this book every single year and my first graders love it along with their parents.  It makes such a cute keepsake to cherish.  Another great thing about this pack is that Sarah created a supplement pack to go with it and the best part is that it's FREE.

Another great idea I got from Sarah's blog was her Candy Land Sight Word Edition.  As soon as I saw it I had to make it.  I actually made 2 versions.  I made one like Sarah's and another one for my daughter that was in Kindergarten.  Her game had the words her teacher was using in class.  This turned out to be another HUGE hit with the kids. 

This last fun little idea I'm going to share is Sarah's Spooky Shake Up.  I have not put this out for my kiddos to play yet but I'm pretty darn sure they are going to love it.  How could they not?  What an inexpensive and fun way to learn/review math addition.  All you need is an empty egg carton, stickers with numbers written on them and 2 counters or small erasers. 

I highly recommend that you check out Sarah's blog and TpT store.  She has so many more wonderful and fun ideas that I'm sure you will find some great inspiration from her. 

Thank you Sarah for all the wonderful ideas you have shared with me over the years.  You have came through for me so many times in the past and are still doing it now.  Thank you!!!

Now it's you're turn.  
You can use the button from the top to use in your post and then link up so we can all be inspired.  You can also instragram your inspiration with the hash tag #teachersinspireteachers. 
   



Photobucket
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...