Monday, August 12, 2013

Teacher Week: Meet the Teacher


Wow it's been a little bit since I've last blogged.   But I'm back today to talk about ME.
I'm linking up with Blog Hoppin' for their Teacher Week linkies.  I'm going to do my best to link up everyday but I'm not making any promises.  But I am here today and it's all about me.
So here we go with 10 little bits of info about me.

#1 My name is Heather Byers and I teach first grade in Kentucky.  This will be my 10th year teaching but my 9th year in First. 

This is me and my oldest, Katelyn.



#2 I have 3 kids. 

Katelyn will be 18 in October.  She is a senior this year.

Natalee is 7 years old and going into 2nd grade.
Brilee is 4 years old and going into Pre-K this year.
#3 I was engaged to my hubby for 10 years before we finally got married.  I was 18 when he asked me and he was 23 so I needed to grow up some.  We also did things out of order and had Katelyn before we were married.  She got to be our flower girl in the wedding.
 
#4 I have rats as my class pets.  I just lost Squeaky this summer and it was very hard on me.  I still tear up when I think about him.  I have 2 new baby rats for this year.  I named them Nicodemus {from Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of Nimh} and Templeton {from Charlotte's Web}.

#5 I HATE spiders.  I go into hysterics when I see one.  There is no such thing as a little spider.  They are all big, scary things.

#6 I LOVE to cook but I hate to do the dishes.  I really need a dishwasher.  The sad thing is my hubby works for GE and I don't have one:(

#7 My all time favorite movie is Clueless.  I know my hubs can't stand it but I really do like it.  I could watch it over and over.

#8 I was a huge New Kids On The Block fan back in the day;)  I talked my sister and brother-in-law into taking me to one of their concerts.  Best concert ever.  My nephew wanted me to go a few years ago but I was very preggo with Brilee and ready to pop.  So I didn't get to go:(

#9 I entered my homemade peanut brittle into the Kentucky State Fair for the first time in 2002 and won a red ribbon for 2nd place.  I have entered something into the fair except the year Brilee was born.  I just turned my brittle in on Sunday, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

#10  I am a HUGE  Kentucky Wildcats basketball fan.  Go Blue Nation!!!  We bleed blue in our house. 


Photobucket





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...