Thursday, July 25, 2013

Book Talk Thursday- I Spy

It's Thursday and it's time to review another book for the Book Talk Thursday linky.



At my school I am required to watch the kiddos in the morning before school starts a few times a year.  Each teacher takes a week at a time and we rotate through all of us.  I usually have to do this 4-5 times in one school year depending on if they start off with the special area teachers or the graded teachers (k-8). 

So your asking what does this have to do with a book review.  Well let me tell ya. 
As I sit there at 7 am watching all those little darlings I have to have something for them to do. 
This brings me to my book review. 
I Spy Books
They are a blessing in disguise.  The little kiddos love looking for the hidden pictures and it keeps them in their seat until the bell rings. 
I have several of these books.  Here are just a few.  There are lots, lots more. 






I usually bring them with the little kids in mind but some the middle school kids have actually looked through them too.  Especially if I'm looking through them and we all look like we are having a great time;)

One of the things I like about these books is that some do not require reading to play along.  this is awesome for the Pre-K and Kindergarten kids.  The differentiation of these books are great for the classroom too.  I am able to have all my kids reading {looking through} I Spy books at the same time but the book is at their level.  My kids loved these book last year and I'm sure they will love them this year too.

What books do you use in your classroom to motivate your readers?     
Photobucket

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...