Thursday, July 4, 2013

Book Talk Thursday: Favorite Read Aloud Series

First off Happy 4th of July!!!!
I hope everyone has a fun and safe day!
I have a huge love for books. 
All kinds and types of books.
I love them all.
My kindle fire is loaded down with every type of book imaginable.
That is why this linky is perfect for me.
Thanks Andrea:)
click to button to link up

The book I'm reviewing today is my all time favorite series to read to my first graders.
And it never fails but they usually end up loving this series too, Junie B. Jones by Barbara Park. 
I know some teachers don't like this series because of the grammar in the book.
That is one of the reasons I love this series. 
My first graders write and talk like Junie B.
It gives them something to connect too and something to strive to be able to read on their own.
I can't tell you how many of my firsties end up getting these books for Christmas.
I like to start off with the book Junie B. Jones First Grader at Last. 
And of course I have to read it in my best Junie B. voice. 
It's wonderful!!!!!

Well because my kiddos are first graders at last too!
This book tells about the woes of Junie B making new friends, new classroom, new teacher and not being able to see the chalkboard.   She might even have to end up wearing glasses too.
After we have read this book my kiddos are always asking to read another of Junie B.'s stories. 
I like reading my chapter books either right before lunch or right after recess.  It is a great transition time and they are usually very quite and ready once we have finished one or two chapters. 
It's one of my favorite times of the day. 
What's one of your favorite read alouds?
I'm always looking for new one to add to my collection.
Photobucket
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...