Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Tried It Tuesday: a recipe

Photobucket

Today I decided to link up with Holly over at Fourth Grade Flipper for her Tried It Tuesday.
I'm going to tell you about our dinner we had tonight.
It was super easy and only took 4 ingredients to make the main dish.
Russian Chicken or Sweet and Tangy Chicken
Here is the link to the website I stumbled across to find this recipe. {Syrup and Biscuits}
I did however make a few changes to make this a lighter healthier version.
This is what I used:
* boneless skinless chicken breast (about 8 small pieces)
* onion soup mix (1 packet)
* Russian dressing (I used 2 small bottles, next time I might use just one)
* sugar-free apricot preserves (1 cup)
Mix everything together except for the chicken.
Place chicken in a pan and pour sauce over top.
I cooked mine at 400 degrees for 45 min.
I checked on it every 15 min and based the sauce over the chicken.
I served this over brown rice that I cooked with beef broth. 
My hubby and I really liked it.  The kiddos had eaten everything in the house already so they weren't hungry{imagine that:).
I'm not going to lie I think using regular apricot preservatives would have been better and made it a little sweeter with the tang of the Russian dressing but it was very good and we will have it again.
What was really nice was how easy it was.  I might even try it in the crock pot next time.
I wish I had taken a picture but I forgot.  Mine had more liquid then the pic from Syrup and Biscuits because of the 2 bottles of dressing but it did look close.

Photobucket
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...