Friday, November 23, 2012

Big Sales and I Have the Answer:)


Teachers Notebook is "giving back" to all its members. Make a purchase from a teacher shop and Teachers Notebook will take off an additional 10% from your ENTIRE ORDER!. With so many shops running sales, you could get up to 55% off!.
 

button by Ashley Hughes

The sale is 2 days only and everything in my store is 20% off
TpT is offering an additional 10% off with the code: cmt12
Now is the time to check out what items you would like and store them in your cart
until the sale.   
 
 
 
I have found the answer to how to get my kids motivated to read. 
And I'm going to be so nice and tell you for FREE.
 
Here  it is......
apparently all you need is a bulletin board with these funny
mad birds that you slingshot
to knock over green pigs in wooden crates to win.
Who knew?????
OK so at my school we have Accelerated Reader.
I have posted about it before and I really like this program.
Some people don't like it but I love it. 
I try to have an interactive bulletin board for the
kids to keep track of their reading progress.
This year I have so many kids (25) that I'm not able to
do this on the little board that I have outside our classroom. 
So I have decided to use the big wall close to the girls bathroom.
This is our space but I usually don't use it much.
This year I am using it a lot.
So I decided to use Angry Birds for our tracking system this Trimester.
My firsties are so excited, the second grade is so excited, most of
the kids in the school are excited about this board.
I have to say that I'm excited to start flinging those birds
and seeing my firsties compete to reach their reading goals.
 
 

My kiddos will move their angry bird as they reach
10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100% toward their reading goal. 
At the end of the Trimester we
will have an AR party for all the students that reach
their AR goal.
Not sure what type of party we will have but
the kiddos are really excited about moving
those birds.  




Photobucket
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...