Sunday, September 2, 2012

Sight Word Record Keeping

Hope everyone is having a great weekend so far.  I know that I am.  The Hubby and kids are next door playing and watching the UK vs UL football game.   Go CATS!!!  I'm here at home playing around on the computer.  Something I have not been able to do as much since school started. 

I had some questions about how I use my sight word pack and I thought I would post a little about it as I use it.

First I hold everything in a binder.  I currently have a 1 inch binder but I can already tell I'm going to need at least a 2 if not 3 inch binder.  Here is the cover of my binder. 
Aren't those owls cute!!




The first part of the binder holds my class graphing sheets.







{Sorry for the bad pic.} I have all of my students names on this sheet and I'm able to highlight each list that the student knows.  In a quick glance I can see which list each student is working on.



Here is where I will write each student under the list they are currently working on.  This will make is super easy for me to pull students into groups and work on the list they need help with. 

Next in my binder is my Individual student record sheets.
There are those cute owls again!

Each student has their own record sheets.  I will write the date at the top of the column and then check off the words that the student knows.  Once they know all ten words on the list they move to the next list. 

That is the record keeping part of the pack but there is so much more to it.  The preview of the pack shows one of each item that is included and right now it is on sale for $4.00 in my TpT store it goes up to $8.00 after the sale.    Click here to go to my store and check it out.

I like it so much that I am now working on Fry's second 100 words.  I just know that some of my firsties are going to already know all of these and I need to be prepared to challenge them with the next set. 

Don't forget to check out Crystal's 100 follower giveaway.  It ends soon so hurry up.  I'm helping out by donating an item so if you win you could choose my Sight word pack.  Click her button to get there and enter;)



Have a great restful weekend!!
Photobucket
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...