Saturday, August 18, 2012

Student tested, Teacher approved!

A few weeks ago I received the most awesomest {yes it is a word in this case} thing in the mail.  Troy from Classroom Friendly Supplies was so wonderful to send me my new best friend.  I tried her out at home but the real test was when my kiddos got their hands on her at school.  They were a little scared at first because she doesn't look like any other pencil sharpener they had ever seen { that is one of her little secrets}.  Soon they wanted to sharpen all the pencils we had because they ALWAYS sharpen perfectly.  So she has been student tested and teacher approved.   Here are some pictures of her.

















Look how pretty she is.  She matches my blue caddy and goes with my room perfectly.  OK so here is the deal I know you have seen reviews of this little gal all over the place and everyone is talking about how great it is.  Well the truth is they are ALL telling the truth.  I am serious, I can't say anything bad about my new bestest friend. 

I am a huge fan of cute pencils.  I love to give them away as prizes, gifts, and awards in my room because they are cheap and the kiddos love them.  I mean a batman or sparkle pony pencil can change the life a first grader in an instant, but I hated sharpening them.  You know what am talking about:

  • they sharpen on one side only
  • the plastic cute covers get chewed up and peel off
  • the lead breaks EVERY time you sharpen
Well you get the idea.  I promise you that this is not the case with this amazing sharpener.  I have gone through several sharpeners in the last 8 years and they have all bit the dust within the year they were bought or sooner in some cases.  I know my new best friend will be around for a long time. 

I highly recommend checking out Classroom Friendly Supplies and trying out a sister or brother to my beautiful new best friend.  You won't be disappointed, I promise {pinkie promise}!


______________________________________

On another note:
If you read one of my earlier post about running out of my boarder and looking into the expensive thought of having to change it and spending A LOT of money you know that I was a little upset.  In comes Rachel from Teaching With Z.  She totally saved the day.  She had some of my long lost border and was so fabulous to send it to me so I could finish my focus board.  Thank you so much Rachel!!!!  You can click on her button to check out her amazing blog! 

Teaching With Z




Photobucket
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...