Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Hip Hip Hooray for the First Day!!

Today was the first day of school for my kiddos.  They were so cute!  I have 25 kiddos this year {16 boys and 9 girls}.  I am lucky enough to have a para-educator in my room most of the day so we'll be fine but it is hard to get back into the mindset that it is going to take them longer to get things done.  I'm still thinking about the end of school from last year and how much the kids were able to do.  I have to keep reminding myself that they aren't at that point yet.  It will get easier as the days go.

I really didn't get to see my kiddos much today either.  We had a very hectic schedule.
8-9 church {we are a Catholic School and it was a Holy day of obligation}
9-9:30 snack
9:30-11:30 go over rules and behavior clip chart, school tour for the 3 new kiddos, look at our Big Kid math books and completed 2 pages, got our desk ready and all supplies put up and ready, bathroom break
11:45-12:20 Lunch
12:20-12:45 recess
12:45-1:35 Music
1:35-2:25 Library
restroom get ready to go home
2:35 dismissal started
3:00 all kiddos safe and sound back in their parents' care

Tomorrow they will be in the room a lot more so we will go over more of our books and start reviewing more.  I am super excited and ready for the year now.  It wasn't that way the beginning of the week and I was actually dreading going back but that isn't the case now.  I'm looking forward to tomorrow.

Before I go I want to let you know about a giveaway that is going on that you DON'T want to miss. 
Dani @ Patterson's Porch: Sit Back, Relax, Share is having a giveaway well actually 2 giveaways and I'm offering an item from my TpT store to the winner.  Click on her button to enter. 




Photobucket
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...