Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Another Award

Happy 4th of July Everyone!! 

Before for I get to the award I received I want to share a little US Symbols project I did with my kiddos this year.  {I was inspired by Mrs. Jump's class: America Part 1 and then googled the craft to go with it. If it's your bell idea I used please let me know so I can give you credit.} This is the Liberty Bell activity.  We watched a unitedstreaming.com video on the Liberty Bell then we filled in the missing letters or words on out poster.  {My kiddos loved this, they couldn't wait until we did another one.}  Then we made Liberty Bells out of toilet paper tubes, styrofoam cups, pipe cleaners, and Christmas bells. I had googled the correct wording that is on the Bell and copied that for the kiddos to glue on their bell.  Lastly they got to make the crack on the bell.  We also completed one on the Statue of Liberty, American Bald Eagle, and the American Flag.  I thought I took pictures of them too but I couldn't find them {boohoo!}.  If you look closely you can see some of our Statue of Liberty Pictures in the first picture.




I was very excited and shocked this morning to find out that I was given another award {whoop, whoop!!}.  How cool is that?  I feel so honored. 
Nikki at Teacher in Progress has awarded me the One Lovely Blog Award.  Thanks you so much Nikki!! You should check out her new blog it's really cute!

Photobucket


Okie Dokie here are the rules to follow for this lovely award:

1. Follow the person who gave you the award.  {check!}
2. Link back to the person who gave you the award.  {check!}
3. Share the love! Pass the word along to 15 new bloggers. {check!}


And the nominations go to...
1.  Amanda has some great hands on activities I can't wait to use next year!
1st Grade with Miss Snowden
2.  Jenna has some really cute ideas like the back to school "I am a Gift".
A Cupcake for the Teacher
3.  Teri has a great Johnny Appleseed crafticities for apples unit.  Super cute!!

A-B-Seymour
4.  Rachel has a really cool Time Capsule activity.  I'll be doing this next year for sure!


Erica Bohrers First Grade
5.  Erica has an awesome blog!! If you don't follower her you need to right away!

My Photo
6. Alicia has great organizational ideas on her blog.  I need her to come get my room in gear!

The Inspired Apple
7. Abby has an AWESOME Kentucky Derby Mini Unit. Being a Kentucky girl myself how could I not love, love it.  I'm using it next year with the Kindergarten teacher. 

Reaching for the TOP!
8. Amanda has a great helping hands job chart!

Over the 1st Grade Rainbow
9. Laura has an adorable drive-in movie for the end of the year.  I have to check out her store for the parking lot measurement unit!


10. Nancy has the cutes Anchor charts!  I'm going to be borrowing them next year.

11. Stephanie has some great classroom management ideas!

 Mrs. Patton’s Patch
12. Mrs. Patton has some great ideas about blogging with kids about them being digital learners.  Really got me thinking about what I can do with my firsties next year.

FGF
13. Ali has some great ideas check her out!

14. Melissa @ Today in First Grade, I love her pictures of her classroom.  I'm finding all kinds of great ideas!

Photobucket
15. Laurie has lots of cool ideas. I LOVE the grouchy ladybug project too cute!!


I hope everyone has a safe and happy 4th and I will see you tomorrow.  I'm off to let these lovely blogs know I have given them an award.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...